Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sex, Lies and Light Up Night

In case you hadn't heard, Light Up Night 2010 was a real riot.

The Pittsburgh Trib reported "Melee Doesn't Dampen Pittsburgh Celebration".

The Post Gazette reported "Random Act: Despite the fracas, a successful Light Up Night".

Mayor Luke and The Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership, sponsors of the event, called the riots and gunfire an "isolated incident".

I bet that's also how Mayor Luke described his alleged extramarital affairs to his ex-wife as she held his newborn son.

Ya know, if this Mayor spent as much time looking out for public safety as he did fundraising and chasing tail, the people of Pittsburgh might have a real reason to feel safe going Downtown.

Sure Mayor Luke felt safe, with his taxpayer provided over sized security entourage, but at 8:20pm when all available city and county police officers were called to the Wood and Liberty area, the rest of the crowd city wide was left without a police presence. That's unacceptable.

Ya know - the truth is like married sex - it ain't always pretty and it ain't always romantic - but it's necessary for any partnership to succeed.

We all know Mayor Luke gave up on married sex - and apparently he's given up on telling the truth as well. But he's a politician. It's not appalling when a politician lies - it's almost expected.

But the newspapers ? Really ? Is it any wonder that newspapers are a dying industry when you read crap like this ?

I have no editors, no advertisers and no political advisors - but I have had lots of married sex.

I hope this blog is like married sex - sometimes it's great and sometimes it's not.

But you'll always take part because you can trust your partner.

Thanks for reading this - partner.

5 comments:

  1. Another ridiculous shot at the mayor. I'm not saying he is an angel, but what does he have to do with this? And wake up, incidents like this are just every day life in cities this size and larger. Do either of you live in the city? I've lived in it for four years, and I've been Uptown, Downtown, and live near Homewood and Wilkinsburg. Anything can happen any time, anywhere. Case in point: Nickle Mines, PA. Ten innocent Amish girls stood up against a wall and murdered execution style. Although people around here seem to think it, Pittsburgh isn't Mayberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lived in the city my entire life. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott - you say incidents like this are everyday life in our city ?

    According to my veteran Pittsburgh Police buddies there has NEVER been a riot, or gunfire, during Light Up Night. Ever.

    You accept this violence and the Mayor's ignoring the problem - I don't. I think that makes me a better Pittsburgher than you dude !

    I'm a lifelong resident of the 152 - and the refusal of Mayor Luke to call these riots "unacceptable" speaks volumes to how out of touch he is.

    So you keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid and I'll keep callin' 'em like I see 'em.

    Thanks for the feedback though : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. right on Tad! The taxpayers of Pittsburgh should be disgusted! I have lived in the City all of my life and cannot belive what the "leaders" have allowed to happen. From the fiasco of the February Blizzard to Light up Night riots. Responsibilty for this goes to them. From the top down! From baby Luke to the absolute jokes on council. Wake UP city residents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I said incidents like this HAPPEN EVERY DAY IN CITIES THE SIZE OF PITTSBURGH OR LARGER. Pittsburgh's crime rate is still lower than average of a city this size nationwide.

    And feel free to call yourself a better Pittsburgher than me any day. That's actually a compliment to me.

    ReplyDelete